Advance Education, Inc., New York, NY 4/2023 – Present
Advance Education (AE) was created to provide a way for school districts to make sense of all the students support purchased by the district and available throughout the city and community so that parents are able to support learning and development for their children, more effectively, beyond the classroom.
Advance Education collaborates with each district to conduct a needs assessment, set goals for a three-year implementation plan, and identify opportunities to fund the initiative through federal programs, the city, and local and national philanthropies.
The goal of Advance Education is to work with the district to provide support to families in building a comprehensive plan for student success beyond the classroom. The supports are designed to enhance performance in school by identifying a lattice of supports to build persistence, belonging, love of learning, academic growth, and self-determination and to help children thrive throughout their learning and development process.
Kura Labs, Harlem, NY 4/2022 – Present
Board Member 4/2022 – Present
Kura Labs provides free training and job placement in Infrastructure Computing, CloudOps, and DevOps to learners from underserved communities. Designed to address the $250B cloud engineering workforce shortage by recruiting and training future engineering talent from vast traditionally untapped communities, Kura Labs, in 6 months, has trained and placed 50 learners with average $100,000 entry-level cloud engineering jobs from households of combined $25,000 income. Employer partners include NASDAQ, Morgan Stanley, AWS, Oracle, Meroxa, Proclivity Systems, and JP Morgan Chase.
Revolution Foods, Oakland, CA 6/2019 – 3/2022
Chief Revenue Officer 4/21 – 3/2022
Responsible for company growth through all sales channels by leveraging and aligning sales, customer success and product development teams to maximize our strategic value to prospects and ensure long term partnerships with our clients.
Senior Vice President, Sales, Customer Success & Innovation 6/19 – 3/2021
- Responsible for developing and executing growth strategy for a mission driven provider of dignified healthy school meals for K12 students, emergency meals and senior meals
- Responsible for growing the company by 26%, significantly overachieving AOP and achieving profitability
Public Consulting Group, Inc. New York, NY 9/2016 – 5/2019
General Manager, PCG EDU 9/16 – 6/19
- Responsible for developing go to market strategy for $30+ million education practice
- Acquired assets of Knowledge Delivery Systems, Inc., growing PD practice within EDU
- Created alignment strategy between 9 independent business lines
Knowledge Delivery Systems, Inc., New York, NY 9/2009 – 8/2016
President and Chief Executive Officer, 9/2009 – 8/2016
- Prolific and visionary leader of a company transforming professional learning for K12 districts
- Created the strategy to transform KDS from a provider of retail courses to a leading provider of high quality professional learning solutions for districts, states, partners and individual educators
- Architected and drove the development of the industry’s most transformative social and collaborative professional learning platform and most robust professional learning catalog
- The strategy resulted in an increase district and partner revenue from 1% to 65% and 10% of total revenue, respectively over 5 years
SchoolNet, Inc., New York, NY, 3/2000 – 9/2009
Senior Vice President, Corporate Development, 1/2008 – 9/2009
- Developed the corporate strategy for partnerships and acquisitions
- Pursued M&A opportunities and developed alternative sales
- Senior Vice President, Corporate Marketing and Development, 11/2006 – 1/2008
- Developed the corporate strategy for building the brand and increasing acquisition opportunities for partners
- Managed a team to develop and implement corporate marketing based on changing market dynamics
- Developed key strategic partnerships, including Microsoft and Scantron, and pursued M&A opportunities
Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing, 2/2004 – 10/2006
- Developed corporate strategy for increasing brand presence and advancing sales in top 100 urban accounts
- Managed sales and marketing teams to develop and implement the strategy for growth. Grew revenue from
- $2.5 to $23 million. Secured leadership market share amongst large school districts
- Leveraged marketing to build brand, develop sales pipeline, lead generation and close deals
Vice President, Sales & Marketing, 1/2001 – 2/2004
- Developed and managed the corporate strategy for accelerating growth to take advantage of NCLB
- Responsible for implementing the sales, marketing, business development and product strategy
- Grew revenue from $400k to $2.5 million. Leveraged Microsoft, Intel and Deloitte & Touché to increase brand presence. Developed multi-tier partnering strategy to decrease competitive noise. Aligned product strategy to market needs and in support of large district prospects and clients
Vice President, Internet Strategy, 3/2000 – 12/2000
- Responsible for developing the product development, marketing and business development strategy for a start-up. Streamlined user experience for software from 3 separate development centers into a seamless user experience. Developed corporate website, marketing collateral and business partnerships
Zentropy Partners, New York, NY, 9/1999 – 3/2000
- Led strategy team that conducted a strategic assessment of fortune 500 company’s key lines of business to create a comprehensive internet strategy to improve marketing, customer acquisition and retention, and create operational efficiencies, which resulted in more than $3 million of follow on projects from an initial 8 week consulting project with Express Scripts.
- Led multiple strategic engagements in the healthcare industry
Ogilvy One, New York, NY, 3/1998 – 8/1999
- Developed global online strategy for several IBM accounts including Brand, ISU, PSG and Software.
- Strategic recommendations created over $4.8 million in follow on projects.
- Managed strategy and execution of online brand campaigns, a lead generation site for the software group, and other IBM divisions
Digitas (formerly Strategic Interactive Group), Boston, MA, 8/1997 – 3/1998
New Media Analyst
- Launched the Kodak Picture Network and developed measurement and optimization strategy for customer acquisition. Developed and executed online marketing strategy for Kodak’s Digital and Applied Imaging unit
Digitas (Formerly Bronner, Slosberg Humphrey), Boston, MA, 6/1996 – 8/1996
- Oversaw the strategy and execution of a direct mail campaign for a new phone, long distance and cellular loyalty program for AT&T, using A/B test matrices to determine optimal campaigns by market segment
International Strategies, Boston, MA, 7/1995 – 6/1996
Director, Sales & Marketing
- Created a marketing and sales function for a fax on demand service for the international import/export marketplace. Responsible for managing a team of telemarketers that generated over $500,000 in revenue
Center for Corporate Community Relations at B.C., Chestnut Hill, MA, 7/1994 – 7/1995
- Responsible for managing and marketing to a client base of over 250 national and global corporations.
- Planned and executed Annual Conference for 150 community/government relations managers and directors
Cross Industry Marketing, Inc., Boston, MA, 9/1991 – 9/1994
Senior Account Manager
- Annually billed over $350,000 in new business for AT&T’s nationwide 800 yellow page advertising program, including the sale of the back covers of the business and consumer 800 directories
Urban Shopper Inc., Boston, MA, 9/1989 – 4/1992
- Founded a community newspaper and a weekly shopper for the inner city communities in Boston with a circulation of 22,000 and 10,000, respectively
Tennis Management Corporation of America, Dorchester, MA, 1/1988 – 8/1989
- Managed PR, fund raising and event planning for a nationally heralded non-profit inner city junior tennis development program. Worked with Founder, Jim Smith on expanding the programs reach and public profile